Tuesday, June 21, 2011

This is *Not* it

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 3:35pm

Do you ever find yourself in a place thinking “This is *not* it.”? That’s where I am right now. Everything that is happening now with my mother is so *not* it. I don’t want to be here. This shouldn’t be happening. And she deserves so much better than all of this; it’s just heartbreakingly unfair. I know that things are transitory. And that even though I am caught up in a swirl and rush of time that is going too quickly, moments that I am angry for wasting, I know that for my mom time might feel quite different. Quieter. Perhaps more painful and scary, I don’t really know. I feel like we’re getting ready for a big trip and don’t know what to pack. Don’t know what it will be like. Don’t know where we’re going. And so I find myself saying the same things over and over again…


I love you.


I love you.


I love you.


Can I hug you one more time?


I love you.


  • Jenn Knight Love you.
    July 23, 2010 at 9:25am · 
  • Jenn Knight Also - having been there I know that feeling exactly. Say I love you so much it feels absurd and give more hugs than you think is humanly possible. And know that you are loved as well.
    July 23, 2010 at 10:33am ·  ·  1 person
  • Vanessa Medina Thank you Jenn. I get a lot of comfort from you especially because I absolutely know you do know how it feels. Love you too. And thanks. :)
    August 4, 2010 at 2:11am · 
  • Rainee Everett Stahr When Stan had his second stroke. I saw the immages of his brain and was devastated when I saw the damage from the hemorrhaging. Just take a deep breath. You're a young, sweet warrior, and you will conquer whatever the outcome, whenever the outcome. Ten years from now you will still be the same blessed sweet warrior only stronger.
    August 4, 2010 at 5:36pm · 


No comments:

Post a Comment