Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Love of Dark, Cold, Rain

October 14th, 2009; 1:03 AM
Current mood:blissful

Fall finally arrived today in full force. I awoke early, while the world was still pitch black and cold. And I could hear the gentle, somewhat comforting sound of the rain as it came down on the roof and caused the leaf-filled gutters of our house to overflow. Large sheets of water came spilling out over the edges, cascading into curtains of water that made me feel even more safe and cocooned in my house. Normally, I could look out of my window and see my neighbors house, but this morning all that could be seen was the rain, the lovely dark rain. Now all I have to do is relight the pilot light on the heater (we turn it off during the Summer months to conserve energy), dig out my winter clothes, and stock the fireplace with good dry wood. I love the cold rain filled months when the world is forced to slow down and enjoy things like slumber, cuddling, and fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment