Tuesday, June 21, 2011

20 Books (give or take)

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 8:57pm



Don't spend too much time on this unless you have a lot of time on your hands. List 20 books you've read and that have left a mark. The first 20 you can recall, in no particular order of preference.  It shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes. Tag 15 friends, including me because I want to know what my friends picked. To do this: go to your "Notes" on your profile and paste these Rules on a new note, type up your 20 books and tag away!
  • "Masks" by Fumiko Enchi
  • "A Mouse to Be Free" by Joyce Warren
  • "The Best Loved Poems of the American People" by Hazel Felleman and Edward Frank Allen
  • "The Four Agreements" by Miguel Ruiz
  • "A Time To Love And A Time To Die" by Erich Maria Remarque
  • "Mishmash" by Molly Cone
  • "White Fang" by Jack London
  • "Serendipity" by Stephen Cosgrove
  • "Your Erroneous Zones" Dr. Wayne Dyer
  • "Jasmine" by Bharati Mukherjee
  • "Like Water For Chocolate" by Laura Esquivel
  • "Joy Luck Club" by Amy Tan
  • "World Tales" by Idries Shah
  • "The Fire Next Time" by James Baldwin
  • "Enders Game" by Orson Scott Card
  • "Summerhill School" by A.S. Neill
  • "Herself The Elf" by Lisa Norby
  • "The Gift" by Hafiz
  • "Meta Given's Modern Encyclopedia of Cooking" by Meta Given...duh
  • "Woe is I" by Patricia O'Conner
  • "Candide" by Voltaire
  • "I Knew You Could" by Craig Dorfman
  • "Real Gorgeous" by Kaz Cooke
  • "Zen Mind Beginner's Mind" by Shunryu Suzuki
  • "Eleanor" by Barbara Cooney
  • "The Secret History" by Donna Tartt 
  • "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen
 ·  · Share · Delete
  • Susan McKinley Ross likes this.
    • Jodi Arata I will have you know that I wrote an e-mail to Stephen Cosgrove and I told him the mark he made on my childhood and that I had a tattoo of Serendipity on my ankle - he was really awesome and kind in return! Plus, he responded promptly.
      September 28, 2010 at 9:13pm · 
    • Vanessa Medina omg! Seriously!?! HE wrote you! Awesome!
      September 28, 2010 at 9:14pm · 
    • Jodi Arata Oh man, I read The Joy Luck Club in like 9th grade and I remember LOVING IT. I definitely need to reread that one. Also, White Fang definitely left a mark on my psyche...it was so disturbing in parts, definitely one that assaults you emotionally.

      So many on here I need to read!! Enders Game! Pride and Prejudice!
      September 28, 2010 at 10:04pm · 
    • Jeanie Olson Holey moley. The Education of Little Tree, Endurance, The Cider House Rules, All Creatures Great and Small, The Laura Ingall Wilder's series about living in the 1800's in America, The Tipping Point, more later.....
      September 29, 2010 at 7:56am ·  ·  1 person

No comments:

Post a Comment