Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Something I Found Out Today About Broken Bones And Scar Tissue...

Well the news is in. Looks like I won't have to have my foot re-broken. Apparently, it's a bunch of scar tissue that's causing the pain. Who knew? When you break a bone, it bleeds into the surrounding tissue, creating scar tissue!?! (really??? -crazy!)  Other than that...I'm a lucky girl. Two weeks of walking on a broken foot with no cast...then taking the boot off early (I know...I'm naughty. Trust me, my boyfriend's already given me the lecture.)...Um...and having it broken in two different places. And I'm still OK! :) HA! Take that universe! In your pie hole! :p

Now I have to get moving and break up that scar tissue. Massage. Gentle stretching. Walking. Swimming. Biking. And even a bit of running. The Dr. said to take it easy and use my best judgement. She said that it *will* hurt, but that I would know the difference between "deep bone pain" and the pain of breaking up the scar tissue. And that I could expect to be fine. She said that some people *never* feel the same after a break or have the same mobility. And it's common for it to hurt for even a year after the break. But the best thing I could do is to gently work on breaking up the scar tissue. Somehow I'm pretty good at working through the pain. I guess that's a good side effect from taking care of my mom all these years. A little physical pain is nothing. Small potatoes. I can totally handle this. Happily even. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment