Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Meeting Ellen Blakely

Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 7:21pm

Well...I met Ellen Blakely today. I don't think she'll forget me. Everything was going great, and I was just about to leave, when her chocolate colored longhaired dachshund started barking at my dogs in my car. She asked me about the puppy...and seemed interested in meeting him. So I went over to the car to get him out for his introduction. Well...the puppy was leaning up against the car door, and I didn't want to open it and have him come tumbling out onto the asphalt, so I gingerly opened the door a crack and was trying to reach in and grab him while making sure that he did not fall out. In the meanwhile, J-Lo (the whippet) ended up poking her head out and going nose to nose wth Ellen Blakely's dog. At first I didn't even notice it because they were both so quiet. But then the silence was broken. They both started barking at eachother, and J-Lo ended up running down her dog several times. In the end her dog ran inside the house, and I caught the whippet and put her back in the car after scolding her. Yeah. I don't think she'll forget me. I'm just glad everyone was ok. Her dog was fine. My dog was a jerk. The puppy piddled all over me in the excitement. :p Oh...and Ellen was nice enough to have me back. I'm going to be learning her process with her at her studio. Next time...I'll leave my dogs at home. :p
 ·  · Share · Delete
    • Krista Arata Ok so who is Ellen Blakely? Am I showing my ignorance?
      October 17, 2010 at 7:28pm · 
    • Vanessa Medina Not really Krista. She's just this artist who's work I've admired for years.
      She does this really neat process utilizing broken safety glass. I really want to make a backsplash in my kitchen using it...so I'm glad to finally meet her.

      http://thedecoratingdiva.com/ellen-blakeley-of-ellen-blakeley-studio/

      http://www.americanmosaics.org/pdffiles/GL2008aBlakeley.pdf
      October 17, 2010 at 7:59pm · 
    • Leslie LCreezy Crebassa Oh yay!! I loved visiting her studio a few years back. We'll have to make some safety glass mosaic stuff together. We can talk to my dad about getting car windows that are gonna get tossed or not used.
      October 17, 2010 at 8:10pm ·  ·  1 person
    • Vanessa Medina I *did* mention you Leslie. :)
      October 17, 2010 at 8:41pm · 
    • Leslie LCreezy Crebassa hahaha i doubt she remembered me, especially since i didn't have a dog with me to start a ruckus at the time... :P yay, looking forward to the beauty you will create!
      October 17, 2010 at 9:07pm · 

No comments:

Post a Comment