Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I've Got You. Trust Me. I've Got You.

January 13th, 2010; 3:32 AM
I've been home with mom. It feels like forever. I'm in a place where I feel like time is going too slowly and too quickly all at the same time. I pull myself in different directions, wanting to take care of her, get the house more organized, push her just hard enough for optimal recovery while making sure that I am still gentle and loving with her...while not being a complete, and total push-over. She usually wins. If she has her mind set on it, she usually wins. I hate to *make* her do things. Which is my failure and weakness. I've been told by the physical therapist that I am the best person for the job. My mom will do things for me that she won't do for anyone else. She loves me and we have a rapport that allows me to ask things of her that she would otherwise be unable to focus and give. I know this is true. I sort of wish that other people could work with her. But I also see it as my chance to repay my debt of gratitude to her. I love her and owe her so much. She has always been in my corner, and now I get to show that I am in hers -to the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment