Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Giving Humanity a Kick in the Balls

March 26th, 2010; 10:11 PM

Current mood:angry
Annoyed with humanity today. I've come to be one of those people, that other people just don't mind (or think much of) treating disrespectfully. Little things like I call, and then they just don't call me back. 2nd call. No call back. Then days, weeks, months, fuck it...*years* go by, and suddenly this person remembers my existence and thinks warmly to themselves "Gee I think I'll give Vanessa a call." They look back on the times that I have called and they have not returned my calls with a mild grimace of embarassment, they go ahead and call me anyway because the wonderfull thing about me, is I never take any of it personally. I'm extremely forgiving and understanding. Plus, I'm always so busy, they tell themselves that I probably didn't even notice or care all that much. I've even had one asshole...(ahem. I mean "friend") say something like "I figured I would give you some time to do your own thing sugar. What with you being so busy and all..." -Like *they* were doing *me* a *favor* by NOT returning my call. WTF!!?!?! I know that this has held for a long time. But I am sick of it. Fuck this shit. Seriously. If you don't have the time, or basic level of respect to return a phone call, then maybe *I* don't have time for you. Maybe I don't want "friends" like this? Maybe it's time to change the rules of the game. What used to not be a big deal...well guess what? It's a big deal now. I'm sick of investing in people who make me feel bad about myself. I do have an abundance of friends. And I'm only taking the time to be with the ones that I respect and like. The ones that treat me well. And I'll even say it...the ones who are not complete and total losers. I'm getting more picky. So there.
PS. You won't be missed as much as you might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment