Tuesday, June 21, 2011

(La Suprema's) Funeral and Wake

Time
Saturday, August 28, 2010 · 2:30pm - 8:30pm

Location
Saint Rose Catholic Church
398 10th Street
Santa Rosa, CA

More Info
As you all know, my mother, La Suprema has passed on. I spoke with her about this day before she died. And she wanted her funeral to be a celebration of her life. I intend to honor her wishes. Everyone is invited. It doesn't even matter if you knew her or not. If you are a friend of the family and simply wish to lend your support and love in this trying time, that kind of positivity and energy will be welcomed and embraced. I am sure that is what my mother would have wanted. So please come, and bring the love. Help me lift her up with a celebration filled with love and laughter, tears and comfort, compassion and kindness. 

I am asking people to bring photographs of her to place in a book. If you do not wish to part with the original, then please make me a copy. 

Also, please come prepared to share a brief story about my mother. I know that I am not the only person who loved her and felt a special connection with her. As part of this day, I want to have a chance to connect with you all, and hear about my mom. It can be something that you loved about her, how you met, or anything really. If you know her only through me, you are still invited to share your wisdom and love. I want to give everyone a chance to share something wonderful of themselves this day. And don't worry about stage fright...we all get it...and know that somewhere in heaven my mom will be watching and listening, and rooting us all on in turn. 

After the funeral, we will be having the wake at the Sheffer Residence. They have been generous enough to offer up their space. If you would like to bring food please do so. A maindish will be provided, so preferably bring drinks or dessert. But once again, anything would be greatly appreciated. You can drop it off at their home before or after the funeral.

If by chance you cannot attend but would like to send a card, flowers, or photos and a story aobut my mom, please do.

And once again...thanks for all of the love, positive energy, and support. 

Much Love,
Vanessa


  • Charity Saneholtz added 5 new photos to the album (La Suprema's) Funeral and Wake.


    August 28, 2010 at 10:40pm

  • Vanessa, I'm saddened by your loss. I know what a long struggle this has been. I hope the celebration today was beautiful and joyful. There is no better way to honor the life of a loved one.

  • Dear Cousin Vanessa, Know that I love you and I have you in my prayers today. I first met your Mom Vivian when she visited Venezuela in the 70s, full with energy, smiles and open heart. Loved music, singing and going places. Be blessed abundantly. Jose Luis (Coco )

  • Vanessa, I'm so sorry about your loss. I can't be there for the celebration of your Mom, but you will continue to be in my prayers. Take good care of yourself.

  • My beautiful cousin. I still remember you as a little girl. I remember your mom too and her great big smile. My love and prayers are with you. Even though we didnt grow up together I want you to know you are loved and thought of often!

  • I am so sorry...Chris and I are praying for you, your mother and family. We wish you the best celebration in your mothers memory and are able to rejoice her new found freedom and wonderful new life!

  • my thoughst are with you

  • I love you very much cousin, and I wish I could be there to share in the celebration of Aunt Viv's life. I'll be thinking of you both.

  • Sorry we can't be there, but you're in our thoughts.

    Hugs,
    Colleen & Matt

  • So sorry I can not make it! My best wishes for you and your family!

  • Awwwww! I only just saw this. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I know how close you were and I'm sure she's so proud of you for who you've become.

  • I won't be able to make it down, but my thoughts and energy will be sent your way. Much love to you, sweetie. ♥ ♥ ♥

  • Vanessa, I am so sorry I won't be able to attend. We have a family event in San Francisco and the timing doesn't permit. Having lost my dad just a month ago I have an idea of the emotions you must be going through. Your devotion to your mom was so evident, and I hope you find comfort in knowing that you honored her so well during her lifetime. I will be thinking of you on Saturday.

  • I'm so sorry, we can't make it. :-( Sending our love your way sweety. xoxo

  • Sorry about your mom. I won't be attending cuz I'll be doing birthday stuff with Jodi and Krista. You will be in our thoughts.
    August 25, 2010 at 8:22pm ·  · 






No comments:

Post a Comment