Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Recharging

Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 10:28pm

Potato-starch peanuts melted in the rain today. The dogs had ripped open a large garbage bag full of packing peanuts and scattered them all about the back deck. Luckily they were the eco-friendly version made out of potato starch and they dissolved when the rain arrived today. Fall is finally upon us, and the rains have begun to set in. It's the last few weeks to have a garage sale...or wait until the summer months arrive again. Or simply donate everything that isn't special enough to Craigslist/E-Bay.
Things are quiet at home. This weekend I slept for much of Sunday. And it felt good. I felt as if a witch had cast a sleeping spell over me. My body felt heavy and slow. And my eyes just wanted to drift closed every few moments. My arms could hold nothing. My hands unfurled like open petals of a flower and just bloomed upon the cover of my bed. I cranked the heater and played with the idea of making a fire in the fireplace...but ultimately slept. I got out of bed for one thing today: art. Only the draw of something so fun and dear to my heart could rend me away from my much needed and long absent sleep. But as soon as I was done with that...I returned to my warm cave and gleefully flung myself on my bed again, like returning to the arms of a long lost love. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment