Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Christmas Ribbon

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at 10:30pm


I put up the Christmas decorations today at work. As I was opening these boxes from last year, I recognized the purple ribbon from my mothers gifts. I had brought in the remainder of the roll to decorate the tree. It made me think of a conversation I had with Jess once about how the last time you kiss or have sex with your boyfriend/girlfriend...you have no idea (hopefully) that it is the *last* time you will ever do so. Wrapping those gifts in the glittered dove paper with the purple wire ribbon, I had the understanding that it *may* well be the last Christmas to enjoy with my mom. But deep down inside, I never really believed it. I always thought there would be more. More Christmas mornings. More surprises. More of everything wonderful to be shared with her. I miss you mom. Dreadfully. 
 ·  · Share · Delete
    • Jodi Arata I am listening, and I love you.
      December 8, 2010 at 7:06am ·  ·  1 person
    • Ami Crabtree Montoya Your words are touching, and so true. Even with cancer, even after losing Danny, I never REALLY believed that I would not have my dad forever.
      December 8, 2010 at 8:14am ·  ·  1 person

No comments:

Post a Comment