Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Best Conversation With A Doctor. Ever.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 2:51pm



I just had the *best* conversation with a Dr. in my entire life. She reassured me that there was nothing that I could have done to prolong my mom's life. That her disease was aggressive and her case was a benchmark for how bad it can be. She told me that there was nothing Western medicine could have done for her. The only treatment that seemed to really work was *me*. I was by her side loving her, and that the love between us was inspiring and amazing. The only thing that really worked to prolong her life was me. And that I did a great job.
 ·  · Share · Delete
    • Elise Baril Vanessa, what a wonderful thing that the doctor took the time to tell you that. You really loved your Mom and stood by her. You are to be commended, honored and respected for that. It is much harder to watch someone you love die, than can possibly be said.
      April 7 at 2:53pm ·  ·  5 people
    • Karen Anne sometimes you just have to hear it from an "expert" to believe it
      April 7 at 3:04pm ·  ·  2 people
    • Catherine Loftus What a great doctor. It's awesome she saw that! I'm so glad she shared it with you. ♥
      April 7 at 3:17pm ·  ·  3 people
    • Diana Elrod YES!!!! Victory!!
      April 7 at 3:44pm ·  ·  2 people
    • Alexia Woolley We all knew this already. I'm glad you finally believe it, my love.
      April 7 at 6:28pm ·  ·  1 person
    • Jodi Arata I have to second Karen -- We've all been saying this all along, but sometimes you need to hear it from someone with the right credentials. Your love is powerful medicine, baby.
      April 7 at 6:45pm ·  ·  1 person
    • Leslie LCreezy Crebassa A daughter's love is the best medicine. :) And I am heartened to hear that a doctor had a conversation like that with you.
      April 7 at 10:35pm ·  ·  1 person
    • Elizabeth Diane Medina Congratulations Princess.
      April 7 at 11:03pm ·  ·  1 person
    • Elizabeth Diane Medina I think that was long due to help you ease your mind. Lots of
      April 7 at 11:04pm ·  ·  1 person
    • Anthony Montoya You are a wonderful person, V.
      April 8 at 5:37am ·  ·  1 person

No comments:

Post a Comment