Thursday, June 16, 2011


Sep. 4th, 2009
12:47 PM
Floppy Bunny Mess
There's so much of this testy communication going on lately. I'm trying hard to find the balance. I know that I should speak up more. And *trust* the people I love more, and know that they are fully capable of not only hearing me and appreciating me, but also of being able to express themselves and NOT fall into the pitfalls of a *personalized* argument. It's so hard for me when I see that a person that I really love and have great respect for has an opposing view with a charge. It's not the opposing view that is the issue for me. I actually like to hear and discuss ideas with people especially when they see a situation differently. But the charge is hard for me sometimes. When I feel a lack of compassion, or the other person *wanting* to have a "dialogue" vs. an argument, I tend to shut down and keep my distance. Which in some ways is a disservice to my friends. I am in essence saying through my avoidance of potentially volatile topics, that I don't trust you enough to be cool with this. I don't think that you are as capable of having a good conversation as I am....or my friends who did debate are. It's a bit condescending and cowardly all in one fell swoop. ....But then there is also something to be said for balance and wisdom. Sometimes the timing of a certain conversation really isn't right, and only a fool would try to have it or push it then.
Groups:Inner Circle Peeps
Mood:  annoyed


Comments



kitty8fish wrote:
Sep. 8th, 2009 04:12 pm 
Word! It's a tough decision sometimes, isn't it? I think it boils down to what you want to get out of the situation... what's your goal? That will determine what action you may want to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment