Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I've Been Going Down For A Long Time!

Monday, November 29, 2010 at 7:20pm

Weight training after work today with Jeff. He had me doing a new thing today -a one legged lunge, utilizing the bench. It may look simple (in fact it may even *be* simple) but for me...it was harder than it appeared. I found that my balance was all off today. Just standing in position to begin was hard enough. But actually lowering my body down while maintaining my balance and focus, keeping my hands on my hips, and my posture upright, proved to be very challenging. Wiggling back and forth and trying to look like I wasn't about to topple over was funny. Then I said something about it being "really hard"...and "you made it look so easy."

Jeff then replied: "Well I've been going down for a llllloooooooonnnng time."

[Beat.]

[Beat.]

At that point, I had my nose all scrunched up in concentration. Sweat on my brow. Trying to look cool. 
-It failed. "Huh" I said. "That didn't sound right." 

"I know. I know. I thought that right before the words came out of my mouth...but then I just said. Say it. Say it." 

(Insert laughter here) I totally fell over laughing while trying to do my lunges. -Repeatedly. :) Hahahaha


    • Leslie LCreezy Crebassa Oh man that's fuckin' awesome. Love it. You'll be a pro at going down in no time!!! :)
      November 29, 2010 at 10:30pm · 
    • Elizabeth Diane Medina Congratulations hijita bella.
      Keep it up!
      You may surprise yourself.
      KNOW THAT YOU HAVE MANY PEOPLE IN YOUR CORNER PRINCESS!!! :-)
      November 30, 2010 at 9:29am · 
    • Bud Owens i always thought youd be a natural at that...
      November 30, 2010 at 5:37pm · 
    • Vanessa Medina Nice to know I'm in your thoughts Bud. Thanks. That really means a lot to me. ;p
      December 1, 2010 at 1:24am · 

No comments:

Post a Comment