Thursday, June 16, 2011

On Being A Whole Person

Aug. 23rd, 2009 at 12:32 PM
Floppy Bunny Mess


I've been doing a bit of self-exploration this morning, and something that came up for me was this: 
acknowledge that you are a person...a whole person....complete with both good and bad feelings. And not only that...but that in your beautifully imperfect *humanity* that you have made and will make mistakes. Part of being a whole person means that you will do good things and also bad. The more honest I am with myself about my feelings, needs, and impulses, the better chance I have to honor myself, love myself, and also find a healthy way to process those feelings. The alternative is not good. By giving and giving, and repressing my feelings of hurt and anger. Or pretending that I don't even notice when someone treats me in a degrading way, or simply never reciprocates kindnesses, I am not living my life as a "whole person". I am in effect cutting off half of me. Shutting down the side of me that knows that this treatment isn't ok and is pissed off about it. You can do that for a little while, but eventually it will come to a point where those feelings can no longer be contained. And all the while you are twisting your soul. Pretending to be something that is only a half truth and not healthy at all. 


"I'd rather be whole than good." ~Carl Jung


Groups:Inner Circle Peeps


Comments





kitty8fish wrote:
Aug. 25th, 2009 12:17 am 
YES. Yes to all of this. Cope with your humanity, embrace it even, don't deny it! I love you so very much and there are so many things for us to learn in this world. I wish you luck in your detox! A very accurate way to describe what you're going through! Big big hugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment