Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Overcoming Devastating Loss

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 at 4:40pm


So I entered these words into my Google search: overcoming devastating loss

The first few things that popped up were:

  1. Pet Bereavement: Overcoming the devastating loss of your pet...grieve your pet in a dignified way.
  2. Finding Fearlessness Through Devastating Loss by Arianna Huffington...her latest book
  3. Getting Past Your Breakup
  4. News for overcoming devastating loss: -Before coach Tom Coughlin spoke to his players the day after the Giants' devastating loss to the Eagles...
  5. also in the news: Bucs suffer devastating loss (apparently the world of sports is rife with devastating losses)
  6. Fighting Words - Chin it to win it: Overcoming the Knockout ...
    Dec 6, 2010 ... Fighting Words - Chin it to win it: Overcoming the Knockout - boxing news. ...devastating loss to serve as an immediate confidence buster.

    The last one was actually helpful. Strange isn't it? The first few just were funny. Pet *Bereavement* sounds so serious. And breakups? HA! Small potatoes compared to how I feel now. I would face a million breakups over this any day. But I thought about the last link. It seemed like a metaphorical story for where I'm at right now. I've been knocked out. In the fight of my life. Going round for round for ages. I've been tired before, and down for a moment; but never knocked out cold like this before. Of course it shakes your confidence. Of course its scary. But Ive got to get back up and get back in the fight. I mean really...this is my life. What are my other options? Be sad and depressed forever? Stay on the ground and don't get up? I'm sure people do that. I'm sure I *could* do that. But I'm not going to. Instead, I'm going to look at this as all part of the hero's journey. This is the plot twist that makes my story interesting. It's the challenge that I have to overcome. This moment, is what is going to make my story that much *more* inspiring when I come out on top in the end. If nothing ever happened to me, then how would I ever grow?

 ·  · Share · Delete
  • Becky Sanchez and Jessica Fielder like this.
    • Jessica Fielder Good for you, V.
      December 22, 2010 at 4:48pm · 
    • Tonja Hardyman Agreed. What makes a hero a hero is their human journey :-) Love you a ton!
      December 22, 2010 at 6:07pm · 
    • Jodi Arata If you fall back down, we'll help you back up again.
      December 22, 2010 at 10:50pm · 
    • Mary Anderson Haufler I'm so sorry for your loss. xoxoxoxo call me anytime day or night...
      December 23, 2010 at 1:55am · 
    • Karen Anne ‎"I get knocked down, but I get up again, you ain't never gonna keep me down." Just don't follow the rest of the song.
      December 23, 2010 at 8:26am ·  ·  1 person
    • Kendra Cecil Olmos NO!! jeez girl you have had one rough year ; (
      I lost my beloved dog in January and i still miss him like crazy. love to you
      December 23, 2010 at 1:53pm · 

No comments:

Post a Comment