Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Love You Tomorrow

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 7:31pm

Sometimes when my mom is trying to say something to me, the words get all jumbled up in her head. She has a hard time saying it "right". But we've been together so long and are so close that by now we speak our own little language. I get what she is trying to say even without her saying it completely. And sometimes the word-jumble expressed is more beautiful than a grammar perfect sentence ever could be. Like tonight...she said "I love you...tomorrow." Now what she was trying to say was: "I love you. I'll see you tommorow in the morning when I wake up. Goodnight." But what she said was "I love you tomorrow." And then I smiled and said "I love you tomorrow too. I love you today. And I love you forever." -No matter where we are in space and time, we love eachother.
 ·  · Share · Delete
    • Jodi Arata You need to write a memoir ... or something. My mom just almost cried when I read this to her. She says you need to write about your experiences.
      November 13, 2009 at 8:38pm · 
    • Elaine Lee Beautifully expressed. Thank you for sharing this.
      November 13, 2009 at 9:09pm · 
    • Kendra Cecil Olmos I agree with Jodi!!
      November 14, 2009 at 11:57am · 

No comments:

Post a Comment