Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Writer's Block: Physical Education


  • Dec. 2nd, 2008 at 2:04 PM
Floppy Bunny Mess
Call it gym, P.E., recess, or pure hell, most people have participated in a class at school that focused on games and athletics. What sport or game did you hate the most when you were a kid? What sport or game was your favorite?
OK. So I know it's not a sport, but I really hated the fat caliper tests that they would do in Junior High. That was like annual public humiliation day. First they would make you line up in your underwear and t-shirts...then you'd walk up to the pull up bar and do as many pull ups as you could do. In my case...I was a *dangler* ...I would dangle pathetically for as long as I could, legs flailing, and face contorted as I tried to make my arms bend, and my body lift. Man. That sucked. Then after that fun, you'd shuffle on back into the girl's locker room, where the gym teacher would pinch your fat, and publicly announce your body fat percentage.

....Aaaahhh good times. :P

My favorite game was Red Rover. I also liked swimming, and soccer. Baseball and football were fun with my family and friends but for some reason really sucked at summer camp or in school. I think it was missing the "let's ALL have fun" attitude in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment