Monday, May 23, 2011

Minutia About The Bed


November 10th, 2008; 9:57 AM
Current mood:exhausted


Still sick.
Stuck in bed.
Annoyed by particulate matter gently seeping from invisible seams in my down comforter. I just washed it, and it is still seeping all over the place. I know because I also just changed my sheets to my navy blue flannel sheets so all of the little whisps of baby feathers show up divinely against the dark blue background. How can so much minute crap be floating around in my air?!? I seriously need to upgrade to a hypoallergenic comforter. I love down. But this Costco comforter sucks donkey balls. It is nothing like the thick, crisp, eiderdowns of my childhood in Colorado. Those never leaked down. The weave of the fabric was much tighter, and the fabric was also thicker. It held it's shape so the loft didn't get smushed down. It was like sleeping under a foot of deep snow...and you were a polar bear...and it was warm. OK. OK. I have clearly always had an active imagination...but that was what it was like. So there. I'm now off to cajole my sweetie muffin into getting me some cough syrup. -Hate that stuff. But sometimes you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment