Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ugh!

November 27th, 2008; 8:33 AM
Current mood:blank


Monosyllabic Responses 


Short.


Curt.


Responses.


How does one deal with these? I mean...am I expected to *pretend* that I don't notice? Do I continue to be friendly when someone is being the opposite of? Are you nice, when someone is rude? Do you simply not read into them at all...I mean to the extent of seeming to be a veritable "Rainman" when it comes to reading the *subtle* and the *not so subtle* nuances of human interaction. The funny thing is...sometimes, when I am trying my best to not make any assumptions, and to be happy...some people really do think that I am so stupid, that I don't get that they're being intentionally rude. It's not that I miss the snarky nature of your approach. It's that I hope that deep down inside, you are really better than that. And I am holding a space for that "better" version of you...you know.. the nice one.. well anyway, I'm hoping that that version of you, is the one who's going to show up to this party we call life. And have some fun with me. I realize that this is not always/sometimes/rarely/ever possible with some people. But I keep on holding a space for peace. love. warmth, and camaraderie. I know that for some, this is a long road to get to this final destination. But I will keep holding that space.
...Well... That is unless you piss me off enough to just give up on you. You with your bad-ass-mo-fo-too-cool-for-school attitude. I mean really now. Give up the attitude puh-leaaaaze! Try to remember when we were all kids...and you used to wear your underwear under your swimsuit in the pool. OK soggy britches. I love you. -Even when you're too cool to answer me in more than monosyllabic responses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment