Monday, May 23, 2011

One Slow Pin-Prick At A Time

November 16th, 2008; 6:40 AM


Why do you linger? Why are you still here? Why can't you finally abandon me completely and leave me to my thoughts? A love like this, like yours, is no kind of love at all. It pales in comparison to the fleeting moments of warmth that my heart felt..but did not have the quickness of foot, fairness of countenance, or well beloved heart; to capture and keep. That love is spent elsewhere. On more deserving and beautiful maids.
I know what you think of me. Or what you have thought of me. When blind: you thought me wonderful. You loved me as you had never loved another. You were tender, and gentle, and open. However; just like the disillusionment of Psyche, you found that your chosen mate was revealed to be different than you had thought. However, when the moment of revealment came, you did not find me pleasing as Psyche found Cupid. Instead, you thought me to be a serpent. Vitriolic in nature. Your shock and horror has scarred you such, that you can never see me again as you once did: beautiful. I shared with you the tender inner heart; the only thing that I have to give that is truly my own. And you have betrayed me so swiftly and easily that it leaves me light headed and dizzy from spinning. So why do you linger? Is this some form of slow retribution and torture? Loving you is like dying a thousand deaths, one slow pin-prick at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment