Monday, May 23, 2011

Liberation Has It’s Ups And Downs


October 24th, 2008; 6:48 AM

Current mood:bummed
On the threshold of reaching seven thousand views of my blog, I am slightly dismayed that I rarely receive feedback, kudos, or anykind of well...anything. Obviously somebody is reading it. But I usually don't know who. Ah well. Such are the mysteries of life...
I'm mere days away from my birthday. I was talking to my coworker today. and I mentioned that I still haven't ordered my birthday cake. And she posed a strange and perplexing question to me: "Who's going to get it for you?" -This was a foreign idea to me. "Who??? Why me of course! It's expensive being a *liberated woman*...and sometimes...*liberation* isn't all that!" But heck..if I want a princess cake from Cavaliere's Bakery, AND a Parisienne from Patisserie Angelica...then woo hoo for me because I can make that happen. I'm paying the cost to be the boss in my life. Yay me. Go team! But still...my coworker said something that kind of made sense. To her it was obvious that my Monkey should get me my birthday cake. To me that was a surprising idea. -But after the initial shock of it wore off...I realized that this was how *normal people* were. And I just had never been treated that way by a guy. My friends and family are great and love me...and have done stuff like that for me. But I honestly have never dated anyone who would even think to take it upon himself, to make a cake for my birthday, or throw me a surprise party. Or try to ferret out what my heart's desire was, so that he could provide it. There has been a dearth of that type of love in my life. ...But hey...I'm still liberated! Viva la liberation! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment