Monday, May 23, 2011

Arnie Schwarzie...You’re My Hero!


November 11th, 2008; 8:12 AM


Current mood:inspired



You know what I love?
I love the way that our Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger (please excuse any spelling faux pas, as I am presently in a NyQuil induced stupor.) appears to have undergone a personal human revolution, with regards to gay marriage. This is the man who previously in his career, has spoken in opposition of gay marriage, and vetoed same sex marriage legislation TWICE!!! He's made public statements saying that his personal views were that marriage was between a man and a woman....and now he is actually championing the cause of gay marriage. I am so touched by this. It is so rare that we get to witness, in such a public fashion, a person who makes such a revolutionary change in their life. I love it! He's a politician...so it is doubly cool. Really...ya gotta love this guy for his ability to hear opposing views, think critiacally about the data, and then take action. Particularly because in this case, taking action invoves him switching his position on a challenging subject. I was inspired when I actually saw him give an articulate, and logical statement on the news where he compared the struggle of gays and lesbians to Loving vs. Virginia!!!! Something that I have always thought to be true. For those of you not in the know...get in the know. Google this shit right now. Just type in Loving v. Virginia. Anyhoo... I was so proud of him for encouraging gays and lesbians and supporters of gay marriage, to NOT GIVE UP. To keep trying. I just can't say how beautiful that change is. Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment