Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Use Your Words Please

Nov. 20th, 2008 at 12:55 PM

There were two moments today with two different men, that worked my nerves. I don't know if it was just coincidence, or if it is having to do with some physical difference in how men's brains are wired differently from the female brain...but...
Both guys had the hardest time expressing themselves QUICKLY, and consicely. What is up with that?? One was Joshua in the morning. I asked him why he kept taking my towel from the bathroom and putting it in my bedroom... at a certain point, I just blurted out: "Nevermind. I don't have time to wait. It's no big deal. I was just wondering." And I swear..as soon as I said that..it was like his fog lifted and he found the words to explain, that he was using it as a makeshift robe. AAAAhhhhh. OK! But I had to wait for over a minute for him to vocalize a response. !!!!!!
And at work..I had an agent call in who wanted me to get a phone number from a file on his desk for him...it took him 2 phone calls, and a whole lotta Uuuuuh .... uuuuu... mmmmmm.... wait a minute... uuuuuuhhhh.... Yeahhhhh.... derrrr......
And the whole time..I am kind of having my own little snarly freaky pet-peve response. I had the placid and professional exterior down. But inside I'm thinking "get to the point. Chop chop."

No comments:

Post a Comment