Monday, May 23, 2011

Inner Thoughts


October 24th, 2008; 7:54 AM


Current mood:breezy
"If it's going to be...It's up to me."
"Steel is hard because it knows the white heat of the furnace, and the sting of the hammer."
"Good, better, best...never let it rest...till your good is better, and your better's best."
"Tough times never last, but tough people do."
"When the going gets tough, the tough get going."
"Put on your gameface."
"Well that's nice (a reply generally given to bad news)...now what are you going to do about it?"
"You were born to make great things happen in this world."
"Inch by inch, life's a cinch. Yard by yard, life is hard."
"At any moment in time, we are all doing the best we can."
"Get on the ball!"
"Get the lead out!"
"Vite vite! Mach schnell nein nein!"
"Keep your eyes on the prize and don't let go."
These are ideas and statements that I have been innundated with since birth. These are the family motto's and phrases that drift through my head in life. I also need to add some nice relaxing and feel-good sayings. I realize that part of why I beat myself up so much and feel inadequate is because as useful as these phrases are, there needs to be a bit more softness added in for balance. These ideas imply a presupposition of a challenging state. A general state of difficult times. And I would like my general state to be one of plenty, relaxation, love, fun, calm, security, and happiness. I know that simply thinking good thoughs is not enough. However, since thoughts precede action, and my inner thoughts are often times hard and unforgiving (towards me), I am vowing to make a major change in my inner self.

No comments:

Post a Comment