March 28th, 2008; 2:37 PM
Current mood:
blessed
I went to my interview! It went really well. I feel good about this.
...My friend told me to "try not to look too ethnic" and then proceeded to give me tips like: "Don’t wear anything too ethnic looking...you know...no big earrings or jewelry or anything...nothing really ethnic looking with the clothes or hair either. Just really plain and clean cut. Tailored."
It was wierd. How do you respond to something like that?
"Check...OK...I’ll try to look white. Got it. Ethnic is bad. OK. I guess I won’t wear my MC Hammer pants to the interview after all." (Like I was going to!) And as for ethnic jewelry...I do own some...but I would never bust out the going back to Africa earrings for an interview. I don’t even think I look all that ethnic (apart from the fact that I am.) But as far as my general style goes...I’d say I’m pretty average. I wear t-shirts and jeans most days.
Oh well... I think I passed for the interview. ;-) It went well. I hope I got the job. It seems promising. The head of HR was explaining the 401K and dollar matching program. So that seems good.
No comments:
Post a Comment