Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day Nine of the juice fast

Holy smokes! One more day to go, and it's my free day!!! :) I am in the home stretch here! Yes! Today was actually pretty easy. I woke up early this morning, even though I went to bed late last night. And for the record...this is the ONLY daylight savings time "Spring forward" that I have ever enjoyed. I usually feel a little robbed losing an hour. But since it came during my juice fast this year...getting one hour closer to my free day is A-OK with me. :)) 

Apart from some minor acid this morning, I felt great! My energy was good today. It seems that as this fast goes on, I find myself waking up early in the morning, wide awake, *with* energy. It's something that I remember from childhood...but has largely eluded me in adulthood. I feel perfectly rested, and like it's just *time* (as in my body feels like it actually is eager to get up). At first, I fought this feeling. I was sure that I needed more sleep, and would try to actually go back to sleep. But as it keeps happening, and the volume on my daily energy keeps getting turned up more and more...I'm beginning to realize that this is a side effect from the juice fast. 

I feel pretty good about my plans for food and protein intake. And I plan on posting pics as soon as I go out and get some batteries for my camera. 

Things I learned today:

  1. Red juice (from beets, red cabbage, kale, and apples) is a little fun AND gross to drink while watching "The Walking Dead" (it's my favorite zombie show on TV!)
  2. Planning for ultimate victory, includes planning for some treats along the way, and a healthy long-term diet. 
  3. That *not* being completely austere about this is a part of my long-term success. 
  4. It feels really good to keep the juicing station I've set up in the kitchen clean and ready for action at a moments notice. I've set up a nice large butcher block cutting board. On it, I keep a chef's knife, and the cleaning tool for the juicer; and next to that is my juicer and salad spinner for washing greens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment