Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day Four of the Juice Fast

I made it through day four. The temptations and cravings are still everywhere. But I'm playing with it now a little bit more than before. I'm noticing how I can get a craving for say...a toasted onion bagel with cream cheese, or a bagel dog with mustard. and I can think about it, feel the pang inside my body, and then just divert my attention CONSCIOUSLY to something else; thereby, letting the craving and pang inside my body go. It's like my body has been in control of me, my cravings for fatty, salty, creamy junk food were running full speed, with no real control. And I'm learning control. It's not easy yet, but I feel myself growing here and am very proud of the last few days.

I watched the documentary that kind of kick started this "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" again today. It helped me recommit to doing this juice fast, and also let me know that it does get easier. Apparently, I'm still in the "detox" phase...well...according to the timeline that truck driver gave his overweight brother. He was trying to get him to try juice fasting for his health...and he said that he should try it for at least a week because the first week you are not feeling your best. Meh. Who knows? I am feeling better. Still off of the stomach acid suppressants and I haven't had to take the anti-nausea pills, or the muscle relaxer for my intestines. So I'd say, this thing is still going as planned, and I look forward to seeing what changes may come. :)

Things I learned today:


  1. I can refocus my attention at will, including times when I am having a physical response to hunger cravings in my body. I can actually do something else, and my craving will go away within 20 minutes. 
  2. That taking control of one aspect of your life, no matter how small, leads to other positive changes too. 
  3. The Cute Boy must really think my skin is looking better because he mentioned it again today.  
  4. Good nutrition actually does give you pep!

No comments:

Post a Comment