Sunday, April 24, 2011

The First Easter Without You

Last night was rough. I don't know why that is? George mentioned something once about how sometimes in the night...it's almost like a demon just gets up and gets a hold of you. Making your fears, your pain, your failures all seem so much more magnified. But that it's all just an illusion. And if you can hold on till morning. Just take some time to sleep and relax and refresh yourself...in the morning, everything will be much clearer. Things will be all right. Grief fades, love grows.

I found your old Easter basket from last year. I remember how much I loved putting it all together. Finding just the right ribbon...the right bunny. And stocking it with *your* favorite things. Not just the typical Easter basket fare. I put in a big glass jar of Planter's peanuts, and some smokehouse almonds. I remember how your eyes would light up and you would smile. "Whachagot?" And how I would come in to check on you later on and find you happily munching away going through your basket of goodies. I remember the joy it gave you, to share with me. And how you would give me *one* peanut at a time. Like a mama elephant feeding a baby elephant. :)) You could go on merrily like this for a while, Until I finally said "Thank you." "One more." You'd say and place another peanut deep into the cup of my palm. I love how you expressed your love so effortlessly in everything you did. In words. In the way you lovingly smiled and looked at me. In your contentment and joy. In the peace you brought to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment