Friday, September 9, 2011

Healthy, Healthy, Healthy Frog Ass

I just had to post this here. I was thinking about it today, and realized that I didn't want to lose or forget this.


google translate just told me that the translation to one of my favorite cooing/soothing stories/songs that I know from childhood is actually: "Healthy, healthy, healthy frog ass." -Close google. Close but not quite. BUTT very amusing.
 ·  · October 3, 2010 at 11:14pm
    • Cody Refreshingbeveragegrinder Parson that is AWESOME! I have to know, which song?
      October 3, 2010 at 11:18pm · 
    • JoãochOx Vieira Jr. primaaa!! como estas??!!! se le quiere mucho!!
      October 3, 2010 at 11:26pm · 
    • Vanessa Medina ‎@ Cody: it's "Sana, sana, sana culita rana" it's basically the story of a little tadpole who's lost it's tail. And it hurts and it's sad. But the story goes "Don't worry little tadpole, though you've lost your tail and you may be sad and in pain right now, you will get better. And soon, you will be a great big frog." It's like a soothing cooing that my mother and grandmother used to do. When my mom got sick, I would do it to her too. The "sana, sana, sana" is the most important part. It's not just about the words, but about *how* it's done. It's an expression of love and care. Sana means heal. So you say "sana, sana, sana" (heal, heal, heal) and all the while you stroke the persons head/their hair. You soothe them. And kiss them/rock them/hug them, whatever. It's also a metaphor for change and how painful it can be sometimes...but also how it is growth. And at the end of it, one will be stronger than they are now.
      October 3, 2010 at 11:37pm ·  ·  1 person
    • Cody Refreshingbeveragegrinder Parson I dig it. and, yeah, good job Google lol
      October 3, 2010 at 11:41pm ·  ·  1 person
    • Vanessa Medina Yes google...some things just can't be translated into words I guess. lol
      October 3, 2010 at 11:53pm · 
    • JoãochOx Vieira Jr. is the form of lenguaje!.. xD
      October 3, 2010 at 11:54pm · 
    • Becky Sanchez that is hysterical, I love words lost in translations lol que viva Google!!!
      October 4, 2010 at 4:54am ·  ·  1 person
    • Vanessa Medina I know Beck, isn't it funny! Can't you just imagine..."Healthy, healthy, healthy frog ass." There. Now don't you feel better? ;)
      October 4, 2010 at 6:55am · 
    • Rainee Everett Stahr I've been using Google translate at work to help the students with their pre-trips and driving.... God only knows what I'm telling them to do......no wonder they don't stop....
      October 4, 2010 at 8:06am ·  ·  1 person

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I saw this in a photo of a protest sign in the Spanish demonstrations today and was thoroughly confused by the Google translation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Google translation is helpful...but sometimes waaaay off! :)
      Glad this thread helped clarify it.

      Delete